Inside the PC-V355-B
Looking in from the left side of the chassis, you can see there is quite a bit of room looking back at you. The wiring is all tidy in the front and the hardware is strapped to the hard drive rack to keep the natural and anodized aluminum scratch free.
Removing five thumbscrews for the motherboard tray and four for the PSU bracket, they both come off and get out of the way. Preparations for the build are much easier with a removable tray and installing the PSU from the back is the only way to go in this case.
The first glance into the right side of the chassis shows me the fan at the left just above a fan switch that has three speed settings. You can also tell that the hard drive rack is shifted to this side of the interior to allow for video card clearance behind it.
Looking at the wiring in the front of the chassis, there is a power, HDD activity and power LED wire along with the Native USB 3.0 connector, a couple of Molex connections from the fan adapters on the 120mm fans and a Molex power connection for the fan hub behind the switch.
For the optical bays, the floor is a solid sheet of aluminium and the sides are cut to utilize Lian Li's famous rubber washer system to support them on the sides. To lock a device in one side or the other, there is an included thumbscrew for that purpose.
You have the option to install the optical drive in this side as well, but I wanted to point out the HDD rack. In it you can hold three 3.5" drives and under it one 2.5" drive. These also used the rubber washers and screws for mounting and there is a locking rail on the right side for the 3.5" drives.
This is the back of the three speed fan switch and you have the option to supply 12V to the PCB and with the switch, step down the voltage of up to three 3-pin fans. If you remove the adapters on the front fans, these do have 3-pin power connections and is what this is for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Lian Li PC-V355-B Mini Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the PC-V355-B]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse