The software starts out by giving you the option to program any of the nine buttons to do darn near anything you want via the Assign Buttons tab. Clicking on one of the buttons gives you a dropdown menu with options for other mouse button assignment, multimedia, Office functions, the list is eleven functions deep with more options in each section. These can be set separately for each of the five profiles at the bottom leaving tons of options for the DeathTaker's usage.
The manage Macros tab is for exactly that, programming Macros for use with your favorite MMORPG title or any RPG really. At the left you would name the Macro and on the right you press the start record button and start inserting the key combination and there is a time delay feature as well. To create a new Macro or delete an old one, you use the buttons provided in the bottom right corner of this tab.
The Advanced setting allow you to control the Mouse speed in windows on top of the DPI setting with enhanced pointer precision "angle snapping". You can set the lines the scroll wheel moves at each click and the double click speed to open a window or start an application. On the right side you can change the DeathTaker's sensitivity and even on the X and Y axis separately if you wish. There is an adjustable polling rate and of course the DPI setting for each of the five optional settings. There is also an On Screen Display button that will show what is selected in red lettering on the screen when it is used.
The light options section can be a lot of fun trying to match other LEDs like the orange LEDs of my Crucial memory. I played around a bit looking for it on the left color selection pallet, but found better success inserting the actual RGB values in the middle. On the right there are options for the light intensity and the three options of pulsation or steady LED lighting.
Again with any of the four tabs, there are five profiles and nine buttons to program away to make using the DeathTaker more than just an ordinary mouse.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel