The software starts out by giving you the option to program any of the nine buttons to do darn near anything you want via the Assign Buttons tab. Clicking on one of the buttons gives you a dropdown menu with options for other mouse button assignment, multimedia, Office functions, the list is eleven functions deep with more options in each section. These can be set separately for each of the five profiles at the bottom leaving tons of options for the DeathTaker's usage.
The manage Macros tab is for exactly that, programming Macros for use with your favorite MMORPG title or any RPG really. At the left you would name the Macro and on the right you press the start record button and start inserting the key combination and there is a time delay feature as well. To create a new Macro or delete an old one, you use the buttons provided in the bottom right corner of this tab.
The Advanced setting allow you to control the Mouse speed in windows on top of the DPI setting with enhanced pointer precision "angle snapping". You can set the lines the scroll wheel moves at each click and the double click speed to open a window or start an application. On the right side you can change the DeathTaker's sensitivity and even on the X and Y axis separately if you wish. There is an adjustable polling rate and of course the DPI setting for each of the five optional settings. There is also an On Screen Display button that will show what is selected in red lettering on the screen when it is used.
The light options section can be a lot of fun trying to match other LEDs like the orange LEDs of my Crucial memory. I played around a bit looking for it on the left color selection pallet, but found better success inserting the actual RGB values in the middle. On the right there are options for the light intensity and the three options of pulsation or steady LED lighting.
Again with any of the four tabs, there are five profiles and nine buttons to program away to make using the DeathTaker more than just an ordinary mouse.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20