Spire TherMax Eclipse III CPU Cooler
I wanted to start from this angle to show the four most important things that lead to the success of this design. There is the V-configuration of the 8mm heat pipes, the dimples in the fins, the side of the cooler being "closed" and of course the choice of fans, even though one is still in the hardware box.
The 120mm BlackStar fans that come with the TME III covers the vast majority of the dimpled fins to take the most advantage of the 74 CFM and 2.8mmH2O static pressure provided for both sides of the Eclipse tower design.
On the side of the TME III the sides of all forty-six fins are bent over to close off the sides of the cooler to better utilize the fans airflow.
Both of the sides are identical to this, as the fins use five scoops into the fins to allow the fan to build pressure, more at the center and less toward the edges. This helps to concentrate the airflow over the configuration of the heat pipes.
Each of the fins in this stack are identical to the top fin seen here. They all utilize the dimple pattern and allow the heat pipes to form V's on both sides of the cooler, right in line with where a fan performs at its best.
The top of the base of the TME III keeps the same 54 fin pre-cooler that the previous coolers had. This in conjunction with the fan being set a little lower than the bottom fin, allows for a bit of cooling before that heat even gets to the fins.
The universal mounting plate come attached to the base with a Phillip's head screw on either side of the five direct contact heat pipes that are currently covered with the protective film. As it states, remove this film before use.
With the film removed you can get a better look at the contact area. The five pipes are milled flat with the aluminum spacer in place to make for a level surface across the top. However there are pretty large gaps that will need a bit of TIM to fill before use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Spire TherMax Eclipse III CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015