NAS products are an equal balance between hardware specifications and software features. Together, one compliments the other and a well-rounded product immerges. The Thecus N4800 brings improved hardware that expands the software functions and builds on the success of previous products.
In a MSN conversation, I sent the image above to our new enterprise SSD reviewer, Paul Alcorn and asked him to guess the price of the product. With a firm background in the enterprise market, he started doing back flips over the thin-provisioning, RAID migration and other enterprise features. He shot back a reply of $2500; I laughed and said less than $650 shipped to your door.
It's not difficult to see why the Thecus N4800 gets such a reaction from the IT field that are used to paying exorbitant prices for their enterprise wares. Companies like Thecus have long delivered SMB products with big time enterprise features at prices that can only be considered discount. At the same time, features designed for the consumer market are also included.
The real value is your NAS can take on a dual role, providing both consumer ease of use with enterprise functionality.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Thecus N4800 NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99