NAS products are an equal balance between hardware specifications and software features. Together, one compliments the other and a well-rounded product immerges. The Thecus N4800 brings improved hardware that expands the software functions and builds on the success of previous products.
In a MSN conversation, I sent the image above to our new enterprise SSD reviewer, Paul Alcorn and asked him to guess the price of the product. With a firm background in the enterprise market, he started doing back flips over the thin-provisioning, RAID migration and other enterprise features. He shot back a reply of $2500; I laughed and said less than $650 shipped to your door.
It's not difficult to see why the Thecus N4800 gets such a reaction from the IT field that are used to paying exorbitant prices for their enterprise wares. Companies like Thecus have long delivered SMB products with big time enterprise features at prices that can only be considered discount. At the same time, features designed for the consumer market are also included.
The real value is your NAS can take on a dual role, providing both consumer ease of use with enterprise functionality.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Thecus N4800 NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards