- The Fan
The fan in this HSF combo is a 36-CFM model made by the Dynaeon Company of Taiwan. The fan measures in at 60mm x 60mm x 25mm, and is a bit quieter than the Delta fans that are around. If you have tried the Delta fans and found them to be too loud for your taste, then you might enjoy this model. You can still hear the fan, but it's not that high-pitched whine that is so annoying to some.
Power for the fan is by means of a 4-pin connector. This means that the fan will need to be hooked straight to one of the harness connectors that come from the power supply. I personally prefer this setup since the power from the PSU is more stable than the small 3-pin connections on the motherboard. Granted, you can't monitor the fan speeds through the BIOS, but the performance has always seemed to be stable.
I was a bit disappointed to see that the fan didn't come with a grill attached to it. This is always a pleasant addition that not only protects fingers, but also keeps those wires inside the case from finding their way into the fan and causing all sorts of havoc. Hopefully this will become a standard feature in the future.
- The Heatsink
The heatsink is made of a quality grade aluminum, and measures in at 75mm x 55mm x 35mm. It has 15 fins through the body of the heatsink, and the base has been lapped and polished. It also has a very nice 40mm circle of polished copper that has been inset into the base. The copper helps tremendously when it comes to dissipating the heat produced by the processor. It helps spread it out at a faster rate, and allows the hefty fan to blow away the heat from the sink.
The clipping mechanism on this unit seemed to have it in its heart to defeat me when it came time to attach it to the socket. The swivel head didn't want to cooperate at all, and every time that I tried to insert a screwdriver in the end to exert downward pressure, it slipped off. After three applications of Arctic Silver, I finally managed to get it hooked up.
Enough of the technical stuff...how well does it work?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- Verizon reportedly buying Yahoo for $5 billion
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio