Checking out the video card we've got a really nice looking card here with a great looking cooler that takes up just about the whole PCB. You can see we've got a large fan in the middle and behind that we've got the heatsink while coming out the top you can see some heatpipes.
The middle has this diamond like plating which adds a really nice touch to the whole cooler and you can see we've got a bunch of branding present including TurboX, IceQ X, HD 7850, HIS and iTurbo.
Looking around you can see we've got a single 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back. Due to the way the cooler over hangs, it can be a little fiddly removing the connector. Moving across the top and closer to the front you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector and today that's something we'll be making use off.
In the I/O department you can see we've got a pretty strong setup with a Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI connector and two Mini-DisplayPort connectors. This is a nice line up, however it would've been nice to see a MiniDP to DP connector in the bundle.
As we've already mentioned a few times, being part of the TurboX series means that this card comes overclocked out of the box. The TurboX series as we've also mentioned is an upgrade from the normal Turbo series and brings with a stronger overclock than normal.
Looking above we can see a 1000MHz core clock which is a rather strong improvement on the default 860MHz.
As for the 2GB of GDDR5 that's also been bumped up from 4800MHz QDR to 5000MHz QDR. Along with this you can see across the bottom CrossFire is enabled via two cards today.
Overall this is a nice performance boost and the core clock should help yield some really strong performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- Destiny 2 confirmed for PC release
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software