ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard
Moving onto the board you can see the overall design is fairly similar to what we're used to seeing when it comes to Fatal1ty based boards with the strong red and black color scheme being present. We can also see heavy Fatal1ty labeling throughout.
Looking at the expansion side of things we've got two PCIe x1 slots and two older legacy PCI slots. On the PCIe x16 front we've got three ports on offer with the first one running at x16 or x8 if it's used in conjunction with the second slot while the third slot will run at only x4.
Looking across the bottom we've got a fair bit going on starting with the HD Audio connector and COM1 part next to each other. Next to that for some reason we've got an FDD floppy connector along with a Firewire header, clear CMOS button, fan header, two USB 2.0 headers another fan header and front panel connector. Also just above here we can see the debug LED meter that is going to make figuring out any problems easier.
Turning around the corner you can see the power and reset button along with a total of ten SATA ports. Starting from the left we've got four SATA II ports that run off the Intel Z77 chipset while the closest red ports also run of the Z77 chipset but are SATA III. Next to that the other four SATA III ports run off the ASMedia ASM1061 controller.
Heading towards the top end of the board you can see four DIMM slots that support up to 32GB of DDR3 ranging from 1066MHz to 2800MHz DDR via overclocking. Also here you can see the 24-pin ATX power connector and next to that we've got a USB 3.0 header. Finally we've also got an IDE connector...some of the design motivations around this board are questionable, but we'll talk about that in the final thoughts, when we wrap everything up.
As we head around to the top end you can see the 8-pin CPU power connector next to a couple of fan headers and as we move back we get a better idea of the CPU area with the strong cooling solution that is present and the gold caps that are present throughout making for a really good looking motherboard.
As always we finish off with the I/O side of things and we can see the combo PS/2 port on the left with two USB 3.0 connectors. Moving across we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort output followed by four USB 3.0 connectors. Next to that we've got a clear CMOS button, two more USB 3.0 connectors and gigabit networking via the Broadcom BCM57781 chip, which is mirrored again just over.
Between that, though, we've got two more USB 3.0 ports, 1394 Firewire and an eSATA III connector. Finally we finish off with five auxiliary and an optical audio port that run off the Realtek ALC898 audio codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone is stunning and powerful
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card