Specifications, Pricing and Availability
One of the most important aspects of any enterprise-class device is the endurance and reliability of the components, as the device is only going to be as strong as its weakest link. This really illustrates the wisdom of using the LSISAS2008. This processor is stable and proven, with a long track record of reliability under demanding conditions. Its ability to provide low latency access, along with the LSI OEM drivers that are integrated into every operating system, makes this an excellent choice.
Intel and Hitachi have partnered in developing the EW29AA31AA1 SSD controller which is currently also utilized in Hitachi Ultrastar SSDs. These enterprise class controllers handle all of the heavy lifting that is required for the NAND management onboard the 910. The wear leveling, ECC, garbage collection and other processes are handled by these controllers, keeping the overhead on the host system low.
The unfortunate fact is that as NAND ages it requires more intensive management. Some PCIe SSDs use the power of the host systems' CPU to handle the NAND management. These solutions will require ever-increasing amounts of system resources to handle these background tasks, robbing the host system of precious resources.
HET MLC is Intel's High Endurance Technology MLC. This provides SLC-like endurance at MLC prices. Sporting an industry-leading AFR (Annual Failure Rate) for its flash products, Intel offers a warranty of ten full drive writes per day for five years with the 910. This is an endurance improvement of 30X over the standard Intel MLC. HET MLC offers an impressive 7 Petabytes of write endurance for the 400GB model and 14 Petabytes for the 800GB model when measured with a random full-span 8k write workload.
The drive is rated for 180,000 random read and 75,000 random write IOPS, along with 2GB/s sequential read and 1GB/s sequential write for the 800GB model. The 910 specifications are measured when the SSD is under Steady State conditions and filled to 100% capacity. Intel does not market F.O.B. (Fresh Out of Box) specifications for the 910.
There is also the option to select a "Performance Mode' for this device. This allows the user to select a higher average power draw for the SSD which results in a sequential write performance increase up to 1.5GB/s from the standard 1GB/s. This does increase the average power draw from 25 Watts up to 28 Watts and the peak output to 38 Watts.
The 800GB model has an MSRP of $3859 and the 400GB is listed for $1929. This is an impressive price point, coming in at $4.82 per GB, outstripping much of the competition easily.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Intel 910 SSD]
- Page 4 [Intel 910 SSD Continued]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [Base Product Specifications]
- Page 7 [8K Randoms & Server Emulations]
- Page 8 [Power Measurements and Thermal Monitoring]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset