Lost Planet 2
Version and / or Patch Used: Benchmark Demo
Timedemo or Level Used: Built in Benchmark - Test A Scene 1
Developer Homepage: http://www.capcom.com/
Product Homepage: http://www.lostplanet2game.com/
Lost Planet 2 is a third-person shooter video game developed and published by Capcom. The game is the sequel to Lost Planet: Extreme Condition which is also made by Capcom, taking place ten years after the events of the first game, on the same fictional planet. The story takes place back on E.D.N. III 10 years after the events of the first game. The snow has melted to reveal jungles and more tropical areas that have taken the place of more frozen regions. The plot begins with Mercenaries fighting against Jungle Pirates. After destroying a mine, the Mercenaries continue on to evacuate the area, in which a Category-G Akrid appears and attacks them. After being rescued, they find out their evacuation point (Where the Category-G appeared) was a set-up and no pick up team awaited them. The last words imply possible DLC additions to the game, "There's nothing to be gained by wiping out snow pirates... unless you had some kind of grudge."
Looking at the Lost Planet 2 numbers we've got some nice gains present here over the original HD 7970 with a really nice boost at 2560 x 1600 which sees our numbers move from 63 FPS to 68 FPS giving us a bit more breathing room for a smooth gaming experience.
Tessellation plays a big factor in Lost Planet 2 and we can see because of that we're again falling behind the GTX 670 in this instance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 38-inch UltraWide rocks 3840x1600 resolution
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided patch fixes a slew of problems
- Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition launches
- Apple ordered to pay €13bn in back taxes to Ireland
- Final Fantasy 15 barely hits 30FPS on consoles
- PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- Who to Request For Motherboard Review Sample ?
- Cooler Master MasterCase 3 Micro-ATX Tower Case Review
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters
- BIOSTAR TB150 PRO motherboard designed for professional mining
- ADATA launches XPG Flame DDR4 memory modules