I can't remember the last time I tested a BIOSTAR product, so much so I'm not sure I've ever tested one. Saying that, over nine years in the game, I have trouble believing that I've never had my hands on a BIOSTAR product. Really, though, that doesn't matter as we get our hands on one of the most recently released BIOSTAR products.
BIOSTAR's TZ77XE4 is as you may have guessed based off the name is an Intel Z77 based motherboard which is what our Taiwan lab is mainly full of at the moment. It will be interesting to see how BIOSTAR sit when compared to some of the other Z77 boards we've looked at since launch.
Outside of just the features, how's the board look? How's the BIOS? And what's the price like? These are just some of the questions we're asking and intend to answer today. As usual there are a number of things we've got to do before we get into the performance side of things.
The first thing we'll be starting off with is the package to see just what's on offer from BIOSTAR. Once we've done that we'll move onto the board itself and cover some of the main features that are on offer before heading into the BIOS.
Once we've been through the BIOS we'll cover the overclocking side of things and get into the testing side as we see how the board performs at both stock and overclocked levels. There's not much more that needs to be said so let's get into the package and see what the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 can bring to the table.
Looking at the box we can see a lot of the main features that are on offer with the "T-Overclocker" feature being one of the main features being pushed. We can see other things like HDMI, SATA 6G, VirtuMVP, DisplayPort and 13-Phase Power being mentioned to name just a few. The back shows us much the same, but goes into a bit more detail on everything with a brief description.
Inside the box there's not present with the typical manual and driver CD being present. Alongside that we've got four SATA cables, CrossFire and SLI connectors and the rear I/O panel to round everything off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20