Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB
Western Digital ships their review samples in OEM packaging so we don't have the retail package to show today.
The latest VelociRaptor retains the 2.5" form factor for the actual drive. Western Digital has used this method for several years now with this product line. The outside case acts as a heatsink to keep the 10,000 RPM drive cool while at the same time gives the drive a 3.5" form factor.
Western Digital usually releases an enterprise model after the consumer release. The enterprise model does not ship with the extra case. From time to time these show up on Newegg, but if you are not running a computer case with a lot of cooling, you are much better off with the consumer model.
The mounting points on the bottom and sides are where they should be and conform to the 3.5" form factor standards.
The SATA power and data ports are also offset to the left where they should be.
On the side we get a good look at the cooling fins that keep the drive cool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD