Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB
Western Digital ships their review samples in OEM packaging so we don't have the retail package to show today.
The latest VelociRaptor retains the 2.5" form factor for the actual drive. Western Digital has used this method for several years now with this product line. The outside case acts as a heatsink to keep the 10,000 RPM drive cool while at the same time gives the drive a 3.5" form factor.
Western Digital usually releases an enterprise model after the consumer release. The enterprise model does not ship with the extra case. From time to time these show up on Newegg, but if you are not running a computer case with a lot of cooling, you are much better off with the consumer model.
The mounting points on the bottom and sides are where they should be and conform to the 3.5" form factor standards.
The SATA power and data ports are also offset to the left where they should be.
On the side we get a good look at the cooling fins that keep the drive cool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017