Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Let's start at the base of the Dark Rock Pro 2 and work out way up as we discuss what this cooler design is all about. The copper base into which the seven 6mm heat pipes get soldered is CNC machined to a very near mirror polish. Once the base and pipes are assembled they both receive dark nickel plating before assembly. Seven of these 14 pipe ends are press fit with a stack of 44 aluminum fins and then this process is repeated for the second section of fins in this dual-tower concept. To top off the cooler, a thick aluminum plate is screwed to the top fins and then gets anodized black and the company name applied in chromed letters.
More technically, this large cooler weighs in at 1.25 kilograms with both fans included in this measurement. Speaking of the fans, this cooler is shipped with Silent Wings fans. There is a 120mm version attached to the front that can spin at 1700 RPM delivering 57.2 CFM and 2.1mmH20 of static pressure to start the heat removal. Once the air has passed through the first tower it is then greeted by a 135mm fan that delivers a little less as far as rated speed, CFM and pressure. Both fans are PWM controlled and the 120mm fan has a daisy chain connector on it to allow the 135mm to use that connection as they both use the 120mm connection from the header on the motherboard to receive power and PWM controls.
As for the pricing and availability, well you still need to be on the other side of the pond from me to be able to appreciate or obtain a be quiet product. The MSRP of this Dark Rock Pro 2 was slated at £73, but I located it at Scan for £65 including VAT. For these who use the US dollar let me add some perspective; that is roughly $101.50 at the current exchange rate.
With that little bit of information explained, this is the most expensive dual-tower design I have yet to see or test. I had the original and just about every dual-tower design since. The bar is already set pretty high for this type of cooler; I just hope for the higher price, we are truly getting what we pay for here with the Dark Rock Pro 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20