I was just introduced to be quiet! when they sent me the Dark Rock 2 CPU cooler that we just recently tested and might I say it is a strong contender to the already full market of tower CPU coolers. It came with a great design that incorporated great aesthetic appeal, really good performance and most of all it does all that while adding virtually no noise to the environment even with the fans at full speed. In all honesty, what was not to like? The numbers were good, the audio results were terrific and the Dark Rock 2 is all black, the fans, the edges of the fins, the top plate, it all went together to make for a really impressive submission.
With a better idea of what be quiet is capable of with a single tower design, the fact that I now have their dual-tower design makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Even though the naming is similar, there is no mistaking this latest sample with the Dark Rock 2 we just looked at recently.
While it keeps a lot of the components that made me like the first cooler from be quiet like the all black theme, the SilentWings Fan and this time there are two and they even added another heat pipe to help this cooler do its job more efficiently than the Dark Rock 2.
The dual-tower design that we are going to be testing today is the Dark Rock Pro 2. Now I have tested just about every incarnation of this concept up to this point, so I already know the bar has been set pretty high as far as performance of these types of coolers go. On top of that, most of the dual-tower designs run 140mm fans to aid in dropping noise levels.
I know with a name like be quiet and with the results from the last sample we tested, they have a real handle on the sound levels that their coolers produce. The real question at this point is, are they too quiet to deliver the sort of performance "professional" users have come to expect from these dual-tower designs? Stick around and find out, you may be pleasantly surprised.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Xbox One sales to hit 63 million in 2021, says DFC
- Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed mobile game
- Facebook reaches 2 billion monthly users
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller