I am really sort of torn with the Dark Rock 2 from be quiet and not for any reason that should call fault to anything about the cooler, it is the fact that a fair percentage of my readers won't have the ability to purchase this cooler any time real soon. I went to custom water cooling years ago to get good results with less and less noise coming from my PC with every build I completed. If reasonably priced coolers like this were around when I made the jump to water cooling, it may have kept me from making that leap.
The Dark Rock 2 is aesthetically appealing, who doesn't like a large black tower cooler taking care of business inside of the case? The crosshair design on the top would even lend itself well to all of these new motherboards with gun parts and bullets on them.
The Dark Rock 2 is a little bigger than both of the coolers I previously mentioned, but that is partially due to the fact that be quiet delivers almost absolute silence in their SilentWings fan operation, that it takes a fair bit more material to have enough surface area to be able to deliver the competing results we saw in the charts. Considering the noise level difference in the three tower coolers on the chart, I have to give the edge to be quiet. For similar money you get great performance, silence and an attractive addition to any build.
There really was not one thing I that I can think of that comes to mind for faults with the Dark Rock 2. In this cooler be quiet delivers a full set of hardware to get this cooler onto all of the latest sockets including quite a few from years gone by. Once assembled the cooler is very secure and is generous to the memory area without causing too much issues with memory heat spreaders, the list goes on and on.
With the price point of 55 Euros for those shopping on the right side of the ocean and hopefully they start to full shelves in the US market soon, I really want to recommend this cooler to my friends, but alas they cannot obtain them and that is the only real disappointment that raises its head in this whole review. If you have access to buy on, the be quiet Dark Rock 2 is a great cooler considering everything as a full package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- University of California develops valuable injury training simulation
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis