Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The tower cooler from be quiet is built from a milled copper base, to which six 6mm heat pipes are soldered into the base, both of which are then nickel plated. These six pipes are pressed into 44 aluminum fins with a "V-wedge" taken out of the leading edge of each fin. This is then topped with a brushed aluminum cover that gets anodized black and bears the be quiet name in chrome letters in the center. Dimensionally the cooler is roughly 160mm from the CPU IHS to the top of the cooler and 120mm wide and 73mm deep. These are dimensions without the fan. This will increase the overall height as well as the width when a fan is installed.
Speaking of the fan, you get a single 135mm SilentWings PWM fan with a four-pin connection to cool this beefy tower. The fan states it has a super low dBA rating of 21.2 while at full speed of 1300 RPMs. The seven, specially designed blades with grooves in them, is supported with a Fluid Dynamic Bearing and is rated to continue to spin for up to 300,000 hours of operation. The fan also has a soft plastic, almost rubber-like fan frame. As it sits against the fins, it will leave marks in the frame as the leading edges of the frame act as an anti-vibration measure when the combination is together and cooling your processor. On that note, you can be using anything from socket 754 on AMD and LGA775 on Intel, right on up to all of the latest sockets with the Dark Rock 2.
I am sad to say that as much as I tried, I wasn't able to locate the be quiet line at any of the major e-tailors on this side of the pond. That isn't to say they won't be here, just not yet. For those of you on the other side of the Atlantic, the press release delivered a few weeks back had an MSRP attached with the press release of 55 Euros. Doing a direct conversion for those who don't follow global economics, that is roughly $69 dollars for the Dark Rock 2.
That in mind, I am eager to test this cooler and see what sort of potential it has. There have been a few cooler to pass across my desk lately in this range lately from Cooler Master and Xigmatek. Let's see how be quite stacks up against a couple of major players that everyone is already accustomed to.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog