InWin X-Frame Limited Edition Open Air Chassis Continued
Since it was easiest to pull the cabling from the front I/O out through the left side of the rear of the X-Frame, here they are now. The HD audio and USB 2.0 cables are beige with a rainbow of ribbon cable used for the power LED, HDD activity, power and reset connectivity. The last and longest cable is that of the USB 3.0 connection.
The left side of the X-Frame has a latch on the motherboard tray as does the right side and at either end of the motherboard tray you can see the gold bolts that will allow you to remove the top sections of the blue frame. Of course there are four to be removed on the other side as well.
There is also the second bay assembly for three more 3.5" drives if you need to be able to run that many, InWin has you covered there. I am surprised a bit though to see no concessions made for 2.5" drives. There is plenty of room between the two HDD racks that wiring and installation is easy.
On the top half there is almost a full sheet of aluminum supporting the open air chassis, but at the bottom it is a single cross member that does the work here. Also, if you haven't noticed up until now, the entire chassis is held together with screws, as in everything can come apart if needed.
The removable motherboard tray is made of two parts. There is a 2mm thick layer that is built specifically to be structural support as well as hiding the screws for the legs that this tray stands on. This is the only place I see rivets and it's to secure the diamond plate to this frame.
On top of the motherboard tray you have the diamond plate aluminum panel that has a large access hold for the CPU cooler backplate as well as offering two large holes for wiring. There are holes to mount Micro-ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboards while offering eight expansion slots of support on the left side.
Under the motherboard tray, the support frame of the X-Frame has all the access you are going to need and then some. No matter where the wiring comes from, there is a large wiring hole with tiny holes near it to use to secure this wiring to this frame.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [InWin X-Frame Limited Edition Open Air Chassis]
- Page 5 [InWin X-Frame Limited Edition Open Air Chassis Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog