InWin has always seemed to be on a fine line with their chassis designs and color choices and today is no different. Most readers of previous InWin chassis reviews, whether mine or anywhere else for that matter, it is always a loves it or hates it kind of crowd.
There aren't too many of their cases where I really completely loved everything about their builds to be perfectly honest. While they may have some really great internal designs, I personally find their designs to be geared towards a much younger group of buyers than myself. Even with that sore spot with me personally, I really think they have got their ducks all in a row and designed something really interesting this time around.
This design has the extremists in mind or those who have a really good HEPA filter in their HVAC system. As if the title didn't give it away, this concept is an open air design to allow users the best of all worlds. There is easy access to the components, besides the use of a Phillip's screwdriver this chassis is pretty much tool-less, gets built from sections of aluminum that are either 2mm thick or 4mm thick and unlike any other open air test bench I have seen to date, this one is designed to also stand upright like a standard chassis while still allowing you to reap all the benefits of the open air concept.
Of course there is plenty more to cover and discuss in the feature set incorporated with the latest submission to our labs, but I have to save something to keep you interested enough to continue reading. That being said, InWin has delivered us the X-Frame Limited Edition Open Air chassis, which is a unique take on what an open air chassis can be.
With that in mind, I will suggest getting a beverage and get ready to be blasted with a ton of images so I can point out in specific detail just what all goes into the design of this limited edition run of open air test benches. Even for those that want to stick to the tower case concept may be surprised to see how this product from InWin may also be a perfect solution for you too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [InWin X-Frame Limited Edition Open Air Chassis]
- Page 5 [InWin X-Frame Limited Edition Open Air Chassis Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- Microsoft's new 12.3-inch Surface Pro 4 starts at $899
- Netflix now supports voice commands on Windows 10
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs