ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC
Once all of the outer packaging and plastic is removed you are left with the very attractive MC-001-BD that you see here.
The front of the unit is made of aluminum on the left and shiny plastic on the right side. Down the face is the power button to the left of the Blu-ray drive door. Near the bottom you have connectivity for USB 3.0 via two ports along with 3.5mm audio and microphone jacks and a 4-in-1 media card reader.
At the top are three slits that run across the MC001-BD as exhaust for the convective flow of this designs passive cooling. The unit takes in air from the back as well as by the foot in the raised bit just above it. As for the logo, it is out of focus, but it shows the reflectivity of the shiny plastic cover very well.
The top half of the rear of the MC001-BD offers six connections for audio to deliver 7.1 surround sound under the ventilated section. To the right of those you have the digital optical port, a VGA port, the HDMI port and the gigabit LAN port.
Next to another ventilated section is connectivity for five USB 2.0 devices, with gold connections for the WiFi antenna on the left and the DVB-T connection for either HD antenna or paid for programming to connect to the TV tuner.
The other large side of the MC001-BD is made of a thick piece of aluminum to give structural support of course, but it also acts as a large radiator to help keep things inside cooler with the use of convection in the chassis and household airflow from a room fan or air conditioning.
Under the unit you will find your key for the included operating system which is a 32-bit version of Windows 7 to help keep resources down to allow the components to do more for you and less for the OS. The foot is also foam padded as not to do any damage to the shelf or stand it is placed on in your home theatre.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [K481 Wireless Keyboard with Multi-Touch Pad]
- Page 8 [MCR1 IR Media Center Remote Control]
- Page 9 [Audio Relay Wireless Media Extender]
- Page 10 [Audio Relay Accessories]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines