I have three Pioneer Elite receivers, two Elite Blu-Ray players and an Elite plasma display spread through my home so the X-SMC4-K remove felt right at home in my hand. Pioneer uses the same basic layout for most of their modern products. For the asking price of nearly $480, the remote should have shipped with a function display like the SC-37 receivers did.
The remote gives you full access to the unit so you don't want to lose it or getting to menu items like Set Up will be tricky.
The 2.5" Display
There are actually two displays on the unit that provide information. The first is a red LCD system that greats you when the system is first powered on. This also becomes a time display.
The 2.5" LED display provides a nice experience with its full color output.
The menu system works well on this limited sized display and is typical Pioneer. If you have a Pioneer AVIC system in your car you are already familiar with the basic layout and how to navigate.
Your docked iPod or iPhone acts as a third screen. The remote moves the highlighted areas on the display, which is a feature I thought was nice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Pioneer Elite X-SMC4-K Music Tap]
- Page 5 [The Remote and Display]
- Page 6 [Putting it to Work - Using the Pioneer Elite X-SMC4-K]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080