Pioneer Elite X-SMC4-K Music Tap
Here we get our first look at the Music Tap. The speakers are attached and not removable. The screen measures right around 2.5 inches diagonal. The height is less than 9 inches and the width is right around 21 inches. When keeping a 2 inch gap for the power cables between the unit and the wall, the X-SMC4-K is right around 8 inches from the wall and that moves closer to 10 inches with the iPod dock door open.
Here we see the iPod dock door closed and open. Your iPod or iPhone just slide right in without any fuss.
Given that several of these Music Tap systems will be used in kitchens it would of been nice for Pioneer to trim some of the fat on the door and slim things down.
Three front ports are also located at the bottom left. The first is a USB port, but it is not a 'quick charge' 2 Amp port, it only supplies 500mA of power, so it won't charge your iPad or charge your phone as quickly as the NewerTech Power2U that we reviewed earlier in the month... another kitchen upgrade.
A headphone port is also located on the lower left corner as is a 2.5mm auxiliary input for your Zune or other audio devices.
Several function buttons are located at the top of the unit. The all-important power button is located at the far left.
Then function, BT audio selector and Air Jam.
Further to the right are the play and stop buttons as well as volume control.
The back is basic enough with all of the wire connectors in a cluster. The Bluetooth model is built inside with a flush door that covers the module.
The wired cluster has jacks for a FM antenna (included), 10/100 Ethernet, composite video out and finally the power brick.
The Bluetooth module was already installed in our unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Pioneer Elite X-SMC4-K Music Tap]
- Page 5 [The Remote and Display]
- Page 6 [Putting it to Work - Using the Pioneer Elite X-SMC4-K]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20