Inside the Box
Opening the box, we find one of the most well packed units that we have ever received. Great care has been taken to make sure that the power supply will arrive undamaged, even if the box is abused in shipping.
The top of the unit gives us a great shot at the gloss black finish used on the power supply. The I/O specification label and serial number can be found here as well.
The brand logo and wattage is displayed on this side of the unit.
The other side has the same logo as well as the warranty sticker.
Moving to the back, we see the standard AC input with on/off rocker switch. If you take a close look, you will see that the standard honeycomb mesh grill is not the very back of the power supply. The mounting edge of the unit is actually an anti vibration rubber element added to the unit to ensure that no fan vibrations are transferred to the PC case.
Towards the front, we find a LOT of modular connectors, especially for a 550W unit.
On the bottom, we can see the 135mm fan that cools the unit. The grill isn't quite your standard wire grill and adds to the aesthetics of the unit.
Included with the unit is the overclocking key or OCK. This is what allows you to switch the power supply from using four individual 12V rails to a single 12V rail. Two different keys are included in case you prefer to just insert the key into the power supply and not utilize the expansion slot key.
All of the modular cables come bundled in Velcro so that you may reuse the ties in your case. There are also five additional ties included.
Rounding out the contents of the box, we find the AC input cord, user manual, zip ties, mounting screws and thumb screws. Note that both the mounting screws and thumb screws are elongated to accommodate the anti vibration element on the back of the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- Final Fantasy 15 PC port won't come any time soon
- Nintendo Switch to launch only as complete bundle
- The world's tiniest smartphone has 1.54-inch display
- Is Surface Studio Microsoft's new all-in-one desktop?
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now