Inside the Box
Opening the box, we find one of the most well packed units that we have ever received. Great care has been taken to make sure that the power supply will arrive undamaged, even if the box is abused in shipping.
The top of the unit gives us a great shot at the gloss black finish used on the power supply. The I/O specification label and serial number can be found here as well.
The brand logo and wattage is displayed on this side of the unit.
The other side has the same logo as well as the warranty sticker.
Moving to the back, we see the standard AC input with on/off rocker switch. If you take a close look, you will see that the standard honeycomb mesh grill is not the very back of the power supply. The mounting edge of the unit is actually an anti vibration rubber element added to the unit to ensure that no fan vibrations are transferred to the PC case.
Towards the front, we find a LOT of modular connectors, especially for a 550W unit.
On the bottom, we can see the 135mm fan that cools the unit. The grill isn't quite your standard wire grill and adds to the aesthetics of the unit.
Included with the unit is the overclocking key or OCK. This is what allows you to switch the power supply from using four individual 12V rails to a single 12V rail. Two different keys are included in case you prefer to just insert the key into the power supply and not utilize the expansion slot key.
All of the modular cables come bundled in Velcro so that you may reuse the ties in your case. There are also five additional ties included.
Rounding out the contents of the box, we find the AC input cord, user manual, zip ties, mounting screws and thumb screws. Note that both the mounting screws and thumb screws are elongated to accommodate the anti vibration element on the back of the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology