We made it through our installation without too much hassle and the Newer Technology Power2U managed to charge my phone from 30% to full charge in less than an hour. I'd say we did pretty good today, not burning the house down and all. Truth be told, the installation process in most situations is rather easy. There are three screws on the outside and five screws on the inside with a few wires along the way. The installation instructions and plain old common sense will get you through transforming your plain old outlet into a 21st century outlet in less than an hour safely.
For now the Newer Tech Power2U has lived up to its reputation of being a high quality, energy efficient and convenience providing product. We've only had the unit installed for a few hours, but already its quick charging function has paid off, charging a cell phone in about half the time of a PC's standard USB 2.0 port.
Then there is the price. At close to $30 the Power2U isn't cheap, especially when compared to the cost of a traditional power outlet. Newer Tech doesn't give you a very big break on the volume discounts either, so you can't save too much by going that route.
Sadly though the price isn't going to be what holds most people back from purchasing this product. Most people just aren't comfortable working with power from the wall. If that sounds like you have no fear because an electrician charges around $80 an hour and will only take 20 minutes to finish the job. If have ever used a screw driver before though, you should be fine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched