We made it through our installation without too much hassle and the Newer Technology Power2U managed to charge my phone from 30% to full charge in less than an hour. I'd say we did pretty good today, not burning the house down and all. Truth be told, the installation process in most situations is rather easy. There are three screws on the outside and five screws on the inside with a few wires along the way. The installation instructions and plain old common sense will get you through transforming your plain old outlet into a 21st century outlet in less than an hour safely.
For now the Newer Tech Power2U has lived up to its reputation of being a high quality, energy efficient and convenience providing product. We've only had the unit installed for a few hours, but already its quick charging function has paid off, charging a cell phone in about half the time of a PC's standard USB 2.0 port.
Then there is the price. At close to $30 the Power2U isn't cheap, especially when compared to the cost of a traditional power outlet. Newer Tech doesn't give you a very big break on the volume discounts either, so you can't save too much by going that route.
Sadly though the price isn't going to be what holds most people back from purchasing this product. Most people just aren't comfortable working with power from the wall. If that sounds like you have no fear because an electrician charges around $80 an hour and will only take 20 minutes to finish the job. If have ever used a screw driver before though, you should be fine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20