Newer Tech Power2U
Here we get our first look at the actual outlet. You get two standard three prong plugs. Off to each side is where the USB plugs are. Aside from the two USB doors the outlet looks like a regular outlet.
Here is the secret to the Newer Tech Power2U. This is an image of the back side of the face plate. In the middle we see the doors to the USB power ports. When the doors open they activate a micro switch that turns the power on the USB port.
The straight on shot shows the micro switches on each side for the USB ports.
We call them micro switches because the actuation motion isn't very long, just a few millimeters.
The unit itself gives you clues while you go through the install process. If you forget that the white wires go to the silver screws there is a handy 'W' right next to screw.
The black wires go to the brass screws.
Ground goes to the green screw on the bottom.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now