Specifications, Pricing and Availability
For space reasons I've condensed Newer Technology's specification list by removing a large list of compatible electrical boxes. You can see the full specifications list on the Newer Tech product page.
Newer Tech gives us quite a bit of information on their specifications list. Everything is pretty much standard for power outlets with a bunch of codes and specifications. For the unique part of this product, the USB portion, we see that the power provided is 5.2 volts at 2 amps. This is the power required for Apple's iPad products and what is considered a 'quick charge' for smart phones.
The NewerTech Power2U does not have Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) capabilities, but you can install the unit downstream from a GFCI plug like I did today. This is somewhat important if you are installing you unit in a place where water is present. I wouldn't recommend replacing a GFCI unit with a Power2U and in many places building codes might not permit it.
Finally we have pricing. A single unit costs $29.95 and you can even purchase in large lots. There isn't much of a discount when ordering in bulk, though. All three color choices of almond, ivory and black cost the same.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD