Specifications, Pricing and Availability
For space reasons I've condensed Newer Technology's specification list by removing a large list of compatible electrical boxes. You can see the full specifications list on the Newer Tech product page.
Newer Tech gives us quite a bit of information on their specifications list. Everything is pretty much standard for power outlets with a bunch of codes and specifications. For the unique part of this product, the USB portion, we see that the power provided is 5.2 volts at 2 amps. This is the power required for Apple's iPad products and what is considered a 'quick charge' for smart phones.
The NewerTech Power2U does not have Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) capabilities, but you can install the unit downstream from a GFCI plug like I did today. This is somewhat important if you are installing you unit in a place where water is present. I wouldn't recommend replacing a GFCI unit with a Power2U and in many places building codes might not permit it.
Finally we have pricing. A single unit costs $29.95 and you can even purchase in large lots. There isn't much of a discount when ordering in bulk, though. All three color choices of almond, ivory and black cost the same.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Facebook CEO says 'AR will be where VR' is today in 5-10 years
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard