Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel Advance II is grey with black trim, made of plastic and offers a thumb rest and an ergonomic area for your ring and pinky fingers. It has nine buttons consisting of the forward and back page buttons on the left, the right and left click buttons on top with two DPI buttons and a profile button on either side of the scroll wheel. There is also lighting in front of the mouse as well as the top which can be controlled separately with the included software. Nestled in the middle of everything on top of the mouse is a little OLED screen that denoted the X and Y DPI levels as well as a CM Storm logo. Even the logo can be personalized within the software package.
Things that have changed are mainly on the inside. The old laser sensor was replaced with an Avago ADNS-9800 laser sensor capable of registering movement at 150 inches per second with forces near 30 Gs as it delivers precision with its maximum of 8200 DPI. For the right and left click buttons, they are backed with Zhij switches while small Omron switches are placed under the smaller buttons around the mouse. The Sentinel Advance II offers nine buttons or functions out of the box, eight of which are programmable and the one that isn't offers a Tactics (TX) button, much like the EasyShift+ button from ROCCAT. This new mouse offers 128KB of onboard storage to house profiles, macros, scripts; just about anything you would want your mouse to be able to do anywhere you take it, even if not on your own machine or one with the software installed. I am also still a fan of the little programmable OLED that the Sentinel Advance had and is again present in the second version. I used to have the "TT" logo for TweakTown on my old Sentinel.
Without actually showing you, most of the other features and perks of owning the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II laser gaming mouse are just words at this point, so why not get down to what this mouse is going to cost to arrive at your door. With a bit of investigation I can find only five locations in the US with listings. Since this mouse is new to the market as I am typing this that isn't really a surprise and I am sure shelves everywhere will have this mouse stacked on them soon. Only two of the listings I would actually consider and both are reasonable priced at right around $57 and that is to your door pricing.
Considering all of the features, the added benefits of the software, onboard storage and one of the fastest laser sensors I have used to date, I think staying under $60 is a great move in pricing for Cooler Master and should keep these mice flying off the shelves.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve kicks off its stealth-themed Steam sale, with 64 games on sale
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card