CM Storm QuickFire Pro Continued
On these 74 keys in the layout you get the standard US layout with a special letter A, the windows keys are CM Storm logos, the lighting and multimedia keys are held within the function keys along with the F12 Windows lockout and the spacebar carries the QuickFire name.
Here are the other thirty keys of the 104-Key layout. Along with the logo, arrow keys and the number pad, there is also the ability to change the response time and changing from 6-key to full N-Key roll over.
I am skipping ahead into the hardware so I can pull a few caps to see what is taking care of business under all of these caps.
These are in fact Cherry MX Browns as advertised and something else, unlike the Corsair offerings, this isn't a hybrid of mechanical and rubber dome switches. Each and every key on this board uses a Cherry MX Brown switch.
I also went ahead and plugged in the full speed USB 2.0 cable provided with the keyboard and even did a bit of routing to show why the trails are in the design of the underside.
Since this is a driver-less product, once powered up we get to start playing around. Using the FN-key and the mode button (F4) we got the QuickFire illuminated to its first setting. This is just eight keys and the CM Storm logo that illuminate on this setting.
The second setting kicks off the lightshow with the left third of the keyboard now glowing red and the addition of the spacebar. This has 28 keys lit and allows gamers to find most of not all basic left hand keys in game.
This last shot was to show that when the Caps lock, Number lock and Scroll lock keys are pressed, the white panels at the top right corner also will glow with a red LED to denote if they are in use or not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm QuickFire Pro]
- Page 5 [CM Storm QuickFire Pro Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni