Accessories and Documentation
This is the hardware that accompanies the EK-FC7950[EN] block. There are white plastic washers and 4mm M3 screws to secure the block to the video card. Under those is an Allen wrench to use with the two outlet caps. There are also adapters and an extra pair of washers to work with them. On the right is an assortment of 0.5mm thick silicon padding for the memory (the longer, skinny strips) and the large pad needs cut down to fit the PWM area of chips.
The fold out single sheet of instructions is very clear and precise as to what needs to be done to prep the naked video card. It covers the measurements of the pad dimensions for the memory ICs and shows you along with a text description of where it all goes.
The back side is where you start thinking about adding the block. They cover the mounting at the top and even remind you of where not to add screws if you have the backplate to install. It then moves on to how the caps and spacers work for installation of both, if they are needed in your loop at all.
There was also this notice shipped with the block. This is pretty much what they expect users to do or think about when using the nickel plated blocks. Since they had issues before, these measures should assure the nickel plating stays in place for a long time to come.
The EK-FC7950 Backplate also needs some hardware to secure it. With the plate ships more M3 screws and washers and the Allen wrench to install them. There is also a strip of 0.5mm thick silicon padding to use with the plate to cool the PWM area on top of the PCB. On the right is a pair of Phillip's head screws that screw through the end of the PCB into the plate from the underside.
Even for the backplate installation, EK couldn't have made things easier for the user. The instruction sheet contains all you need to know to prep the plate and where the locations of all of the mounting holes are on the top side of the plate.
Flipping the paper over you now see which screws go into the EK-FC7950[EN] and the pair of screws near the power connections, even down to the placement of the plastic washers to keep the plate from shorting out the video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block]
- Page 5 [EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Test Subject and Installation]
- Page 8 [Thermal and Audio Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning