Specifications, Availability and Pricing
I know the captured image is a lot less of a chart than it is an inclusion list and a bit of additional information. From what I could find on the EKWB site this is the best they had to offer, so after reading what is in that image we can get to the details of the EK-FC7950[EN] as well as the other included goodies.
The [EN] at the end of the EK-FC7950 name denotes that I have the electrolytic copper block that has an electro-less nickel plating applied to all of the copper surfaces after the block is milled. This is a full cover block, so the GPU, memory and VRM are all actively cooled with this block as well. Flipping the block over, since mine has the "plexi" or acrylic top, you can see most of what is going on above the block. Water enters the block through a G1/4" threaded fitting, passes through nineteen slits cut into the block to cool the GPU. Once through that the coolant travels into the acrylic top, under a stainless steel plate to cool the VRM, while all this time actively cooling the memory ICs as well. The coolant then returns through the acrylic top back into the nickel plated block on its way to exit the other side of the block.
As for the additional goods sent along, I asked for the EK-FC7950 Backplate to add strength to the PCB as well as the fact that it offers passive cooling for the VRM section on top of the PCB. I was also shipped a pair of 1000mL bottles of UV blue EK-Ekoolant to use for testing. This coolant is made to help fight the issues they had with plating last year as well as being anti-corrosive with mixed metals it has anti-algae additives as well. I wasn't given any fittings or barbs and even though they recommend the use of their own parts, the BitsPower parts I had on hand worked just fine. I also got a t-shirt with their name and logo on it, just to add a bit of swag to the box.
There are plenty of locations over the pond to obtain this block; even EK is selling them for 94.94 including VAT. Looking around I see that it does pay to shop around on that side of the ocean as well; I see this block listed as low as 74.87 inc. VAT. As for the people on this side of the Atlantic, I will say choices are quite a bit slimmer and the cheapest I could find was a $116.10 listing at Aquatuning, but that doesn't include anything, tax or shipping where applicable.
Be prepared to spend a bit more to get this block, but I think by the time we see what is all involved with the EK-FC7950[EN] and the other components along with the thermal results, you will find it is well worth the initial investment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block]
- Page 5 [EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Test Subject and Installation]
- Page 8 [Thermal and Audio Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance