Coming in at $199 the ASUS Maximus V GENE comes in and hits at a really nice price point. While ROG boards tend to be a little bit more expensive than other models, the mATX form factor on offer from ASUS means that the pricing comes in slightly more aggressive and sits very strong against a lot of other models.
Performance as always is very strong and to be honest we'd expect nothing less from an ROG based motherboard. The overclock we managed here today is the strongest we've had out of our Z77 boards that we've tested so far and while it's only a little higher, it's higher none the less.
Outside of the performance we've got a strong feature set on offer and it's awesome to see that ASUS managed to bring mini PCIe and mSATA connectivity to a small mATX based motherboard. Along with that we've got all those other yummy ROG features that makes the board stand out.
Outside of the motherboard we've got a strong bundle with the usual line up you'd expect from an ASUS ROG based motherboard. The big extra is that mPCIe combo card, though, that we've just mentioned and really helps expand the features of the board.
Overall ASUS has put together an awesome motherboard that comes in at a strong price point, offers good performance and comes with a really nice bundle. The mATX form factor from ASUS is as always strong and brings with it an aggressive price tag making for a really strong product.
I think one of the most important things to remember is that while you might have a case that can handle something bigger than a mATX based motherboard, the mATX based Maximus V GENE can still be the perfect option if it offers you the expansion slots you need. Outside of a few less PCIe slots, this ASUS mATX offering still includes a lot of features and in some case more than larger full ATX motherboards thanks to the mPCIe combo card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse