With another video card launch out the way it's time to get back into testing the pile of Z77 motherboards that we've been collecting for the last few months. The latest comes from ASUS and is part of the popular Republic of Gamer series or ROG as most enthusiasts know it as.
The Maximus V GENE is the first of the ROG boards to hit us and carrying the GENE tag means that it's a mATX based model. While we'd normally expect to see a larger size ATX based ROG motherboard from ASUS, the Maximus V Formula was slightly delayed and is due in the coming weeks.
As always, though, there are a few things we need to do before we look at the performance side of things. First we'll start of by checking out the package and take a closer look at the bundle to see what ASUS is offering us with the Maximus V GENE.
Once we've done that we'll move onto the board to see just how the Maximus V GENE looks before we dive into the BIOS and then of course move onto the test system side of things and also the overclocking ability of the board.
Once we've done that it's time to get into the fun stuff to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the board at both stock speeds and overclock before we finally wrap everything up. But let's first check out what's going on with the package here today.
Looking at the box we can see we've got a fairly small one on hand thanks to the mATX style of the board. Opening up the box we also see some of the main features that are on offer and one of the big stands outs is the SurpremeFX III onboard audio solution which is powered by Sound Blaster X-Fi technology.
Along with that you can see some of the other major highlights including GameFirst via Intel Ethernet networking, LucidLogix Virtu MVP support, ROG Connect, Extreme Engine Digi+ II and the new mPCIe combo card which we'll look at in just a moment.
Moving into the package we've got a user manual, driver CD, SATA cable labels and a sign to hang of your door which looks really cool. We've also got a ROG Connect cable, six SATA cables, SLI cable, EZ Connectors and the rear I/O plate.
The big extra in the board would be the new mPCIe combo card that ASUS has included. On one side we've got an mSATA connector while the other is a mini PCIe connector that can be used for a wireless card.
Looking above you can see the mPCIe combo card with our MemoRight mSATA SSD installed. We'll take a closer look at the installation of the mPCIe combo card in the next page when we check out the board. Overall, though, it's a really nice handy extra that adds more to a small board that is normally limited by room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- whirlpool repair in egypt
- تجديد وصيانة اجهزة سامسونج 01154008110 ×× 0235700997 توكيل ثلا
- صيانة منتجات ويرلبول مصر 01210999852 رقم خط مبيعات و
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood