Well, after taking a look at what this unit is designed to handle, it is time to focus on just what it can really do. After all, if there isn't a way to make use of all the devices hooked to the box, then it would be rather worthless.
Fortunately, however, that isn't the case. Included with our package is a utility that offers a method of not only watching your favorite television programs, but also a way to physically import any compatible signal into your system. Not only that, but it also allows you to record the content and then edit it to your heart's desire.
TV Plus is the chosen program to handle your viewing, recording and editing needs. It comes from the Honest Technology company and offers a simple means of doing nearly any multimedia function imaginable. Though not designed for the hardcore digital video editor, it easily handles the needs of the normal user.
The icons on the left side of the window allow you to watch TV, record in .avi or .mpg format, edit a multimedia file, or create a VCD/SVCD video file. So whether you're wanting to make a import your favorite VHS movie to preserve it or just record the latest episode of your most-watched TV show, the TV Plus utility is designed to work with you to get the job done.
Also of note is that this utility (and the hardware, of course) has the ability to record in the newer MPEG4 format. For those looking for an even higher image quality, you're all set. But keep in mind that you'll need a bit of extra horsepower to encode using this new standard. Prolink recommends no less than a 1.2GHz Pentium 4 (or equivelent AMD processor) to handle this task.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset