Well, after taking a look at what this unit is designed to handle, it is time to focus on just what it can really do. After all, if there isn't a way to make use of all the devices hooked to the box, then it would be rather worthless.
Fortunately, however, that isn't the case. Included with our package is a utility that offers a method of not only watching your favorite television programs, but also a way to physically import any compatible signal into your system. Not only that, but it also allows you to record the content and then edit it to your heart's desire.
TV Plus is the chosen program to handle your viewing, recording and editing needs. It comes from the Honest Technology company and offers a simple means of doing nearly any multimedia function imaginable. Though not designed for the hardcore digital video editor, it easily handles the needs of the normal user.
The icons on the left side of the window allow you to watch TV, record in .avi or .mpg format, edit a multimedia file, or create a VCD/SVCD video file. So whether you're wanting to make a import your favorite VHS movie to preserve it or just record the latest episode of your most-watched TV show, the TV Plus utility is designed to work with you to get the job done.
Also of note is that this utility (and the hardware, of course) has the ability to record in the newer MPEG4 format. For those looking for an even higher image quality, you're all set. But keep in mind that you'll need a bit of extra horsepower to encode using this new standard. Prolink recommends no less than a 1.2GHz Pentium 4 (or equivelent AMD processor) to handle this task.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY