Well, after taking a look at what this unit is designed to handle, it is time to focus on just what it can really do. After all, if there isn't a way to make use of all the devices hooked to the box, then it would be rather worthless.
Fortunately, however, that isn't the case. Included with our package is a utility that offers a method of not only watching your favorite television programs, but also a way to physically import any compatible signal into your system. Not only that, but it also allows you to record the content and then edit it to your heart's desire.
TV Plus is the chosen program to handle your viewing, recording and editing needs. It comes from the Honest Technology company and offers a simple means of doing nearly any multimedia function imaginable. Though not designed for the hardcore digital video editor, it easily handles the needs of the normal user.
The icons on the left side of the window allow you to watch TV, record in .avi or .mpg format, edit a multimedia file, or create a VCD/SVCD video file. So whether you're wanting to make a import your favorite VHS movie to preserve it or just record the latest episode of your most-watched TV show, the TV Plus utility is designed to work with you to get the job done.
Also of note is that this utility (and the hardware, of course) has the ability to record in the newer MPEG4 format. For those looking for an even higher image quality, you're all set. But keep in mind that you'll need a bit of extra horsepower to encode using this new standard. Prolink recommends no less than a 1.2GHz Pentium 4 (or equivelent AMD processor) to handle this task.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015