Well, after taking a look at what this unit is designed to handle, it is time to focus on just what it can really do. After all, if there isn't a way to make use of all the devices hooked to the box, then it would be rather worthless.
Fortunately, however, that isn't the case. Included with our package is a utility that offers a method of not only watching your favorite television programs, but also a way to physically import any compatible signal into your system. Not only that, but it also allows you to record the content and then edit it to your heart's desire.
TV Plus is the chosen program to handle your viewing, recording and editing needs. It comes from the Honest Technology company and offers a simple means of doing nearly any multimedia function imaginable. Though not designed for the hardcore digital video editor, it easily handles the needs of the normal user.
The icons on the left side of the window allow you to watch TV, record in .avi or .mpg format, edit a multimedia file, or create a VCD/SVCD video file. So whether you're wanting to make a import your favorite VHS movie to preserve it or just record the latest episode of your most-watched TV show, the TV Plus utility is designed to work with you to get the job done.
Also of note is that this utility (and the hardware, of course) has the ability to record in the newer MPEG4 format. For those looking for an even higher image quality, you're all set. But keep in mind that you'll need a bit of extra horsepower to encode using this new standard. Prolink recommends no less than a 1.2GHz Pentium 4 (or equivelent AMD processor) to handle this task.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99