In The Box
Before we dig deeply into the functions of the new PlayTV device, we'll take a look at what you see when you start pulling goodies from the box.
The main thing that we'll be wanting to get our hands on is the box itself. Though it looks rather simple, it is the gateway to your goals of multimedia bliss, or at least that is the plan.
Looking at the front of the unit doesn't give much away as far as what it is capable of. The small horseshoe design on the left is simply a power light and the red dot toward the right edge is an infrared sensor for using a remote control unit. But when we turn it around...
Now we begin to see some promise. From left to right we have the primary power socket, then the USB connection, three standard connectors for audio/video output, an S-Video port and a standard connector for hooking up your cable or satellite signal.
Putting all these things together, we can have the unit hooked to our PC via the USB port, then have a device (like a VCR or DVD player) ported in through the three audio/visual connectors and then also have a digital camcorder set up through the S-Video!
With all these ways of hooking up components, it is good to know that the folks at Prolink have you in mind. They also provide all the necessary cabling to get the job done without having to go out and purchase additional items.
Remember when I pointed out that little red dot on the front? Well this unit even comes standard with the remote control. Heaven forbid that we have to manually change the channels while sitting right on front of the computer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis