The new GEFORCE GTX 670 from NVIDIA is a really strong video card and Palit have come out with a really nice version of it straight away that only makes it better. NVIDIA are starting to become a real thorn in the side of AMD as they attack the area that AMD has always been strongest in; pricing.
The standard non-overclocked version of the JetStream GTX 670 we've been told should set you back around the $399 mark. The overclocked version we've got on our hands on here today will be closer to the $429 mark. Considering for the most part we see the GTX 670 win out against the HD 7970 almost every time, this is bad news due to the $479 price tag associated with the flagship model from AMD.
The weakest area for the Palit JetStream GTX 670 is the bundle, but that's always been an area that Palit hasn't been strong in. It's also something that more and more companies are choosing to ignore over the coming months as they let the video card do the talking verse the bundle.
Outside of a smaller bundle, though, the Palit JetStream GTX 670 is a really nice video card that offers some fantastic performance at a really strong price point. There's little to dislike about not only the JetStream variant of the GTX 670, but the GTX 670 period.
NVIDIA are performing exceptionally well in the high-end video card segment and it will be very interesting to see what they do over the coming months as they work their way further down the list to offer some more mainstream models.
The next offering should be the GTX 660 which for NVIDIA will hopefully bring with it the same thing we've seen out of other GTX 600 series based cards; strong performance at a great price point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.