The Intel NAS Performance Toolkit (NASPT) is a file system exerciser and analysis tool designed to enable direct measurement of home network attached storage (NAS) performance. Designed to emulate the behavior of an actual application, NASPT uses a set of real world workload traces gathered from typical digital home applications. Traces of high definition video playback and recording, office productivity applications, video rendering/content creation and more provide a broad range of different application behaviors.
I photoshopped the results you see above for NASPT. There is nothing diabolical though, the benchmark results are accurate. The Akitio MyCloud NAS has issue when the work load gets intense and just drops off the network all together. To get around this issue we had to run every test individually so we ended up with 11 images that I condensed back into one. In the tests that you see blank the Duo failed to complete the task resulting in us not achieving a score.
This drop off the network behavior led us to countless hours of trouble shooting, looking for firmware updates, checking cables, routers, switches and such, but regardless of what we changed, the problem was the Akitio device and nothing else. The Akitio device was tested in the same way all of our NAS servers and with the same cables, components and test systems.
When it comes to benchmarks we were able to perform the MyCloud Duo was quite a bit slower than what we expect to see on a device that claims gigabit Ethernet speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse