Akitio MyCloud Duo
The main unit looks the part. It is thin with a very small footprint. This design is possible since the power regulation unit is external. The drives are not easily hot swappable since you need to unscrew the front panel to get to the drives.
On the front we found a power button that lights up blue when the unit is on. A number of other LEDs light up activity and status lights. Also, you can easily copy data from a USB device with the Copy button on the front of the appliance.
The side of the MyCloud Duo is brushed metal.
A small fan keeps your drives cool. A second USB port is located on the back of the NAS, you can use this for a number of USB devices, but most will use this for printers since the NAS has built in print server functionality. The gigabit Ethernet port is located on the back, it also has status LEDs.
The other side of the NAS is identical to the first side we looked at.
Under the NAS we see the four rubber feet that keep the unit from transferring vibration from your drives to the desk. Here we also see the screw that must be removed to add or remove drives from the unit. The silver holes we see in the middle of the NAS are for securing your drive to the NAS.
With the front cover off and drives installed we see how the drives fit inside the MyCloud Duo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- AMD says price drop on their GPUs isn't their doing
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Make us an awesome TweakTown wallpaper, win a Corsair Hydro H110i GT
- Raspberry Pi Zero sells out in a day
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader