Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
Normally we just use CDM for the 4K and native command queuing performance, but since the test uses incompressible data, we can also use it to see how the Vertex 4 128GB compares to drives based on SandForce controllers. In the sequential test we see the V4 made it into the 500+ MB/s class with very few other drives.
The 4K QD1 performance is good, but we can see that other drives are a little faster. At a QD of 4 the Vertex 4 and Plextor M3 Pro take off and leave the SandForce drives behind. By the time we get to QD32 the V4 is in a class of its own delivering class leading 366MB/s performance.
For the last year and a half when looking at 120/128GB capacity drives we have to take into consideration the SandForce wall. This hard stopping point occurs only on the 60 and 120GB class drives. The Vertex 3 Max IOPS didn't have this same limitation, but most SF based drives did. This happens in CDM because this test uses incompressible data. The new Vertex 4 128GB does not have the limit as you can see in the chart. The drive is able to surpass every other 120/128GB class drive in 4K performance and takes a massive lead when the commands start stacking up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club