OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the 128GB model. Nothing has changed on the outside from the 512GB and 256GB you read about last month and yesterday.
The model number, serial number and such are on the back of the drive like most OCZ SSDs.
All of the mounting points are located in the under sheet metal. The Vertex 4 line does use a plastic top, though.
The SATA power and data ports are offset to where they should be and the desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive so the ports line up in traditional 3.5" form factor locations.
We expected to find just eight 25nm flash chips inside, but were pleasantly surprised to find eight on each side with a total of sixteen. In the middle you'll see the Indilinx Infused controller and just to the right of the controller is half of the DRAM buffer.
OCZ has been fairly quiet on the buffer sizes in their specifications sheets. The 512GB model has a massive 1GB of DRAM capacity, the 256GB has 512MB of capacity and we expected to find 256MB on our 128GB sample today. We were wrong again; the 128GB Vertex 4 has the same markings on the DRAM as our 256GB drive (2DD22), so it should have 512MB of DRAM too, divided into two 256MB chips.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni