OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the 128GB model. Nothing has changed on the outside from the 512GB and 256GB you read about last month and yesterday.
The model number, serial number and such are on the back of the drive like most OCZ SSDs.
All of the mounting points are located in the under sheet metal. The Vertex 4 line does use a plastic top, though.
The SATA power and data ports are offset to where they should be and the desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive so the ports line up in traditional 3.5" form factor locations.
We expected to find just eight 25nm flash chips inside, but were pleasantly surprised to find eight on each side with a total of sixteen. In the middle you'll see the Indilinx Infused controller and just to the right of the controller is half of the DRAM buffer.
OCZ has been fairly quiet on the buffer sizes in their specifications sheets. The 512GB model has a massive 1GB of DRAM capacity, the 256GB has 512MB of capacity and we expected to find 256MB on our 128GB sample today. We were wrong again; the 128GB Vertex 4 has the same markings on the DRAM as our 256GB drive (2DD22), so it should have 512MB of DRAM too, divided into two 256MB chips.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- Explore ancient virus' with the Internet Archives malware museum
- SEGA is listening to the Dreamcast 2 pitch, seems receptive
- Assassin's Creed Identity is a bite sized parkour playland
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform