Specifications, Pricing and Availability
OCZ has yet to update their specs list on the webpage so we did it for them this round. The old and new performance claims are at the top of the chart while the data that stayed the same is located at the bottom. The Vertex 4 family is about IOPS performance. IOPS is a tricky thing when it comes to consumer SSDs, it doesn't always show up in benchmark results that heavily favor sequential performance.
OCZ has made another change to the specification list that we just noticed. Upon release the 128GB model was the smallest offered, at least publicly, but now we see a 64GB Vertex 4 listed. Other capacity sizes include 256GB and a massive 512GB size. We suspect at some point OCZ will release a 1TB Vertex 4, Computex perhaps? Let's hope so!
At the time of writing Newegg lists the Vertex 3 128GB model at $149.99. This is a little higher than what the Vertex 3 120GB is listed at, but still a very good price for a 128GB SSD. This summer we will continue to see SSD prices decline as new IMFT third generation 25nm flash is producing very good yields we hear.
When it comes to accessories and add-on goodies, OCZ includes their standard desktop adapter bracket, installation screws, quick install guide and a sticker that proclaims that your SSD is faster than a HDD. At some point we would like to see OCZ change that to My SSD is faster than your SSD or maybe even your HDD RAID array. All of these accessories are the same as those distributed with the Vertex 3. The Vertex 4 does have a new addition in the add-on category though, an industry leading five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now