Moving onto the video card you can see that while we've got a new color scheme in the black and blue, which looks fantastic, we must note, the overall TwinFrozr fan design isn't too much of a surprise. You can see we've got a dual fan setup with a massive heatsink and coming out the bottom with a number of heatpipes.
Taking a quick look around the video card you can see our normal power connector setup which finds two 6-pin PCIe connectors at the back while closer to the front we've got the CrossFire connector. Also here we've got a switch that lets us swap between which BIOS we use with the default one being for air coolers and the second one being for people who will be overclocking via LN2.
Finally we finish with the I/O side of things and you can see we've got a pretty standard setup here with a Dual Link DVI connector starting us off on the right. Next to that we've got a HDMI port and finally we finish up with two MiniDP connectors. In case you missed it, MSI have included a MiniDP to DP connector in the bundle so if you're going to be using a DisplayPort monitor, you can get up and running straight away without the need to purchase the adapter separately.
Being a HAWK based video card of course means that we're dealing with an overclock out of the box and as you can see below our core comes in at 1100MHz which is up from the default 1000MHz.
As for the 2GB of GDDR5 you can see that the 4800MHz QDR clock lines up with just the reference model. It would've been nice to see MSI bump this up, even to just a round sounding 5000MHz QDR. Like other HAWK based video cards, they're all about overclocking so that's exactly what we're going to do today.
Looking above you can see we got some awesome numbers out of the card with our core coming in at a massive 1400MHz and our memory coming in at 6000MHz QDR. Brilliant!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league