Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The all new Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 Docking Station works with both notebooks and desktops to increase functionality. With recent technological advances, the Dynadock goes much further than your business class Dell dock ever thought about. Looking at the specifications we see some true enthusiast class features wrapped into a small mainstream device with a very small footprint.
The Dynadock U3.0 brings two video outputs that are actually quite good. No texture tearing when you drag web pages or even YouTube videos. One video out is HDMI and that signal also carries 5.1 surround sound. The other video out is DVI-I which can be converted to either HDMI (without audio) or VGA with a converter. Toshiba includes a DVI to VGA converter with the unit as well. Moving past the video portion, the Dynadock also has six USB ports - two of which are USB 3.0 and 'always on'. This means that even if your notebook or desktop are powered down or even removed, the always on USB ports can still charge items like cell phones, tablets and such.
For most users those features are enough to entertain the Dynadock as a potential purchase item, but the dock doesn't stop there. One of my biggest complaints about using a notebook is Wi-Fi. Even with the latest wireless N goodies throughout the house, sometimes you just need to transfer a very large file and Wi-Fi just isn't a real option. With the Dynadock U3.0 you can plug in your gigabit Ethernet to the dock and use that for your network connectivity.
All of this connectivity has to come back to the host machine at some point and that is where USB 3.0 comes in. The Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 is capable of running all of these features with USB 2.0, but you can expect the video to not perform as well and obviously your USB thumb drives will operate at USB 2.0 speeds. Still though, the 35MB/s of USB 2.0 is enough to get you by. USB 3.0 with 10 times the bandwidth of USB 2.0 makes everything much nicer.
When it comes to actually purchasing the Toshiba Dynadock U3.0, you have several options. We found product in both the retail and e-tail space. Most of the shops that carry this model charge right around $179, but we managed to find a shop with Google Price Search that advertises $130. I consider $50 to be a considerable savings and to be honest spending $130 instead of $180 might be the difference in buying this product or not picking it up.
Let's take a look at the actual unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20