Comay Venus Pro 3 120GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the drive. There isn't much to see on this side other than the all-aluminum case that features a silk screen company logo.
On the back of the drive itself all of the features and specifications are listed on the label.
All of the mounting holes are located where they should be on both the bottom and sides of the drive. You will not have an issue with mounting the Venus Pro 3 in our notebook or desktop (after purchasing a desktop adapter bracket).
The SATA power and data ports are also offset to where they should be.
Now we can get into the important stuff, but before we talk about the super cap, let's look at a few things that stand out on this side. The first thing is the exposed copper that lines up with the aluminum case. The copper is exposed at this point so heat can transfer from the PCB and into the aluminum case. SSDs don't generate a lot of heat, but what little is generated is moved to the case.
This side also holds the SandForce Flash Processor Unit (controller) and eight of the sixteen Intel third generation 25nm flash chips. At the lower left side we found most of the surface mount components that make up the over voltage protection.
On this side the big news is the CapXX 5.5V supercap that provides power to the controller and flash long enough to send the data from the internal FPU buffers to the flash when power is lost going to the drive. Until now no consumer SSD has shipped with this feature.
We'll talk more about this on the last page. Let's take a look at the performance first and make sure everything is where it should be there first.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset