The Build and Final Product Continued
Now there are compromises that need to be made for my specific build. I could have used the 460s and had more room for hard drives, but I wanted to show the GD08 with a much longer video card in place. Also, as long as you use a shorter optical drive, you won't have issues with taller spreaders hitting it.
I took this shot to show you that there is no way that with this build I could have gotten nine 3.5" drives across the left of this cage. Realistically no one is going to actually use twelve drives, but you have the option to configure it to allow for longer video cards if needed.
I also just realized my DVD drive is dead. I was going to show the spring loaded door with the tray poking out. As you can see the button is depressed on the ODD and I am getting no reaction, but the cover opened perfectly to allow me to take this shot.
In the back the rear I/O dust shield was a bit snug and took a bit of force, but I got it in there. Aside from that, the PSU and card went in without any issues with clearance or fit.
At this point we are back to the sleek and sexy front of the SST-GD08B and nothing has changed from the looks of it.
Once the unit is powered on, the only way you can tell is by looking for the tiny blue LED poking through next to the power and reset buttons. As I mentioned though, when you are ready to watch a movie, this light can be deactivated just by sliding your finger under the front edge and sliding the switch over. The light is then off for your enjoyment of the movie, not the distraction of a tiny LED.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Grandia SST-GD08B HTPC Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-GD08B]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Final Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Final Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse