Inside the SilverStone SST-GD08B
Behind the aluminium and plastic face there is a rack similar to the one in the TJ-04E, but this time way more involved. Removing six screws allows this cage to come out and exposes the chassis wiring below it. Supplying two handles on this device makes it much easier to install when fully loaded later in the build process.
Flipping the case around, now we are seeing it from front to back. There is a large expanse to put in the motherboard before you run into the rear of the chassis. The expansion slot covers are held in with screws, but the +1 slot and outer ring need removed to gain access to the heads for removal.
This time, the large storage and optical drive rack has been removed to show you what is under it. You can now easily see the three 120mm fans all blowing into the chassis and all have 3-pin power connectors. As for the wiring from the front, it's tied up nicely and is long enough to get around to the back of the board and still stay out of the way for the rest of the components in the build.
I realize I didn't get that many images of the interior or its contents. I thought it would be better to show things as the build progresses so you could get a better idea of what I am trying to say with the components in the images to aid in my explanations.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Grandia SST-GD08B HTPC Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-GD08B]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Final Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Final Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017