What started off on paper to be a reasonable solution to the enthusiast segment, especially the all aluminum chassis designs out there, along with Cubitek's mission statement all seems like a dream at this point. The chassis I thought I was going to see was let's say seventy-five percent complete for the price they are demanding.
Where do I start with this case? Starting off looking around the chassis on the outside, even in the image, the coloration around the front I/O was really off and after finer examination I found purple-black marks on most of the corners where it looks as if scratches were covered over with a marker. Then you get to the inside and every edge in and around the chassis is a short waiting to happen. As I mentioned the wiring tabs are the worst. As I slid my SATA cables through them I saw it shave off part of the covering as it ran through.
They lack of any real packaging to help protect the chassis from things like compression, where it makes the edges of the case look like poop as what were once straight matching edges no longer line up. I think the last straw for me was when the fan started grinding. I mean, we are talking almost $400 here!
In my opinion someone over at Cubitek needs to take a long hard look at what they are offering and what their product, packaging and finished product is worth to an "enthusiast". As I say they are about 75% there, they just need to take some time, figure out some better packaging, maybe a bit more structural support to the extruded section and for the love of Pete, where are the adapters for the USB 3.0 and the fans?
For the price point that this chassis wants to contend and for a case that is supposed to compete with the likes of Lian Li and SilverStone, they are not ready for that level of excellence yet. Maybe in the future, but for sure not at this stage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards