What started off on paper to be a reasonable solution to the enthusiast segment, especially the all aluminum chassis designs out there, along with Cubitek's mission statement all seems like a dream at this point. The chassis I thought I was going to see was let's say seventy-five percent complete for the price they are demanding.
Where do I start with this case? Starting off looking around the chassis on the outside, even in the image, the coloration around the front I/O was really off and after finer examination I found purple-black marks on most of the corners where it looks as if scratches were covered over with a marker. Then you get to the inside and every edge in and around the chassis is a short waiting to happen. As I mentioned the wiring tabs are the worst. As I slid my SATA cables through them I saw it shave off part of the covering as it ran through.
They lack of any real packaging to help protect the chassis from things like compression, where it makes the edges of the case look like poop as what were once straight matching edges no longer line up. I think the last straw for me was when the fan started grinding. I mean, we are talking almost $400 here!
In my opinion someone over at Cubitek needs to take a long hard look at what they are offering and what their product, packaging and finished product is worth to an "enthusiast". As I say they are about 75% there, they just need to take some time, figure out some better packaging, maybe a bit more structural support to the extruded section and for the love of Pete, where are the adapters for the USB 3.0 and the fans?
For the price point that this chassis wants to contend and for a case that is supposed to compete with the likes of Lian Li and SilverStone, they are not ready for that level of excellence yet. Maybe in the future, but for sure not at this stage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers