DMS Celerity 6G Plus 120GB SSD
Data Memory Systems certainly takes the minimalist thing seriously as you can see here. With most manufactures we'd call this an OEM package, but for the Celerity this is all you get.
The drive is safe and secure and the box our drive shipped in was quite strong.
Here we get our first look at the drive itself. We're a sucker for red; you really can't go wrong with it.
The label on the back gives us quite a bit of info. The capacity size is the focus point, but we're more interested in the firmware at this time. Our sample shipped with firmware 3.3.4. Most of the drives we've tested lately use 3.2 or what we believe is 5.2. The 5.2 drives seem to have an issue with TRIM, but from the small number of 3.3.4 drives we've tested, the 3.3.4 seems to be the best SandForce firmware to date.
DMS positioned all of the mounting points where they should be so you won't have an issue installing this drive in your notebook or in your desktop with a bracket adapter (not included).
The SATA power and data ports are where they should be.
25nm synchronous flash from Micron is used, sixteen total with eight on each side. Here we also see the SandForce SF-2281 controller.
We should point out that DMS's SSDs are assembled in the USA!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [DMS Celerity 6G Plus 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications