The Build and Final Product
The one hang-up I had with the build was the removal of the front bezel that was until I realize you have to pull two screws from the feet to get the panel off. Now I can remove the panel for the ODD and I notice there are sound proofing and a filter here as well.
With the ODD in place it doesn't really matter how it looks unless you want to run it without the aluminum panel, but why do that when it works so conveniently, as it is and it covers the mess we don't need to see, like the front of this drive.
Inside this mid-tower, even with my new much larger video card, there is still plenty of room to add more to this build. To be honest the build seemed to go by in no time at all and I have to say that is because of how well this chassis is thought out - it just sort of happens in front of your eyes.
The rear of the 550D fills out nicely with the addition of the I/O cover, video card and PSU, that all lined up well and went into place with little effort or forcing.
Now you can see how setting the motherboard deeper into the tray is good for adding space on the other side, there is nothing wrong with it back here. The deeper section to the left takes the natural swag of the cables around the bend and where they need to be.
Just because you can, I figured I would show the chassis with the front panel off, it's almost two cases in one.
Even with all the wiring running in one spot, you can see there is no deflection in the panel as it is again locked closed.
All powered up the 500D looks much the same as it did when we saw it right out of the box. The major change besides the power cord is that the power button is now illuminated and there was an occasional flicker of the white HDD activity light. Both of which aren't all that bright so it makes for a good solution for those who have lighting woes, such as in a bedroom or even as a HTPC solution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Micron unveils its own 3D NAND technology, finally going vertical
- Conan Exiles alpha screenshots show a brutal and desolate world
- CBS not talking with Apple about streaming TV services anymore
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Кадастровая оценка от Мо
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives