Inside the Corsair Obsidian 550D
Sound deadening was definitely added to the side panels. It covers edge to edge and top to bottom, you can even see where it gets smashed against the frame to isolate any chatter there as well.
The first look inside shows that the wiring is both tied together as well as being covered in padding so when they flop around they don't get damaged. As for the hardware, that can be found in the white box in the lowest HDD tray.
In the front you get a rack capable of holding four 5.25" drives. Each bay has its own tool-less clip that allows the drive to slide in. Simply press that tab to release the pins and the drive will slide back out.
The two section drive assembly for storage drives holds up to six, either 2.5" (with screws) or 3.5" drives (with pins) or any combination of those. The trays slide in and out easily and do lock well into place.
You can remove just the top section to leave room for dual GPU video cards or just to allow the 120mm fan to blow on the card instead of the case. Also the bottom section can be removed, top, bottom, one, two, none; it's all in your hands.
The motherboard tray is recessed where the Micro-ATX or ATX motherboard sits. Around it the tray is inset more to allow room for wires where it's needed. There are five wire management holes, four with grommets and a few places to tie up wiring.
The replaceable expansion slot covers are held in place with thumbscrews with a cut out in the case frame for access. There is also a gasket in the PSU mounting to keep that area sound isolated as well.
As for the included chassis wiring, things are kept basic and black. There are three 3-pin fan headers to connect, HD Audio, USB 3.0 and the various control and LED wires.
Behind the actual motherboard, space is limited to right around 10mm, or just enough to pass the 8-pin EPS cable through. To the left and under it, there is plenty of room to hide multiple layers of wires as you will see soon enough.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design