Inside the Corsair Obsidian 550D
Sound deadening was definitely added to the side panels. It covers edge to edge and top to bottom, you can even see where it gets smashed against the frame to isolate any chatter there as well.
The first look inside shows that the wiring is both tied together as well as being covered in padding so when they flop around they don't get damaged. As for the hardware, that can be found in the white box in the lowest HDD tray.
In the front you get a rack capable of holding four 5.25" drives. Each bay has its own tool-less clip that allows the drive to slide in. Simply press that tab to release the pins and the drive will slide back out.
The two section drive assembly for storage drives holds up to six, either 2.5" (with screws) or 3.5" drives (with pins) or any combination of those. The trays slide in and out easily and do lock well into place.
You can remove just the top section to leave room for dual GPU video cards or just to allow the 120mm fan to blow on the card instead of the case. Also the bottom section can be removed, top, bottom, one, two, none; it's all in your hands.
The motherboard tray is recessed where the Micro-ATX or ATX motherboard sits. Around it the tray is inset more to allow room for wires where it's needed. There are five wire management holes, four with grommets and a few places to tie up wiring.
The replaceable expansion slot covers are held in place with thumbscrews with a cut out in the case frame for access. There is also a gasket in the PSU mounting to keep that area sound isolated as well.
As for the included chassis wiring, things are kept basic and black. There are three 3-pin fan headers to connect, HD Audio, USB 3.0 and the various control and LED wires.
Behind the actual motherboard, space is limited to right around 10mm, or just enough to pass the 8-pin EPS cable through. To the left and under it, there is plenty of room to hide multiple layers of wires as you will see soon enough.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Transition between zones 'is seamless' in The Division
- NVIDIA rumored to use GDDR5X on next-gen Pascal-based GPUs
- Halo 5 requires 60GB of HDD space on Xbox One
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS