Corsair Obsidian 550D Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the chassis is mainly flat across the front, but does take an angled bend near the edges of this brushed aluminum panel that is diamond cut to surround the front I/O panel. Even though small, the Corsair name and logo grace the lower section of this panel.
Included in the front I/O are the 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks next to the tiny reset button. In the middle is a backlit power button denoting case power with an HDD activity light just above it to the left. This leaves the pair of USB 3.0 ports to complete the list.
With the use of special clips and a set of pins in the front bezel on either side, it allows this aluminum panel to open to the right...
... or to the left. There are no special tricks, simply release the clips on the side you want to open and it swings freely in that direction. The panel can even be outright removed if you want it to be out of the way altogether.
As we step back a bit you can see both the side and the top have what seem to be removable panels and they are. These covers are plastic and with a push on the designated areas...
... you hear a click as the latch releases and both covers can be removed to allow the chassis the benefit of more air flow with optional fans.
Both the top and this side of the "fan area" are treated in the same fashion. Both plastic covers are backed with sound deadening material as well as the chassis having a dust filter for these sections included with the case. Both sections are also set up to allow 120mm, 140mm or 200mm fans.
The back has a 120mm fan installed, but can also take on a 140mm fan and there are eight expansion slots above the large hole for the PSU. There are four holes with grommets that will allow the easy passage of water cooling tubes.
To remove the doors on this chassis, both sides at the top have these square door release buttons. As it plainly says, you just push this button in and the door will open at the top for you.
The right side panel is plain and offers nothing worth mentioning other than the way it opens. Hiding wires is much easier with a panel that sets on the bottom rail and closes as you click the top into the locks.
Under the chassis there is solid rubber feet that supports the chassis and the front feet connects the front bezel to the case, keep that in mind. In the steel you get a PSU ventilation area, a spot for an extra fan location for a 120mm or 140mm, covered with a dust filter. In the front there are four thumbscrews that hold the HDD rack in place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015