Corsair Obsidian 550D Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the chassis is mainly flat across the front, but does take an angled bend near the edges of this brushed aluminum panel that is diamond cut to surround the front I/O panel. Even though small, the Corsair name and logo grace the lower section of this panel.
Included in the front I/O are the 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks next to the tiny reset button. In the middle is a backlit power button denoting case power with an HDD activity light just above it to the left. This leaves the pair of USB 3.0 ports to complete the list.
With the use of special clips and a set of pins in the front bezel on either side, it allows this aluminum panel to open to the right...
... or to the left. There are no special tricks, simply release the clips on the side you want to open and it swings freely in that direction. The panel can even be outright removed if you want it to be out of the way altogether.
As we step back a bit you can see both the side and the top have what seem to be removable panels and they are. These covers are plastic and with a push on the designated areas...
... you hear a click as the latch releases and both covers can be removed to allow the chassis the benefit of more air flow with optional fans.
Both the top and this side of the "fan area" are treated in the same fashion. Both plastic covers are backed with sound deadening material as well as the chassis having a dust filter for these sections included with the case. Both sections are also set up to allow 120mm, 140mm or 200mm fans.
The back has a 120mm fan installed, but can also take on a 140mm fan and there are eight expansion slots above the large hole for the PSU. There are four holes with grommets that will allow the easy passage of water cooling tubes.
To remove the doors on this chassis, both sides at the top have these square door release buttons. As it plainly says, you just push this button in and the door will open at the top for you.
The right side panel is plain and offers nothing worth mentioning other than the way it opens. Hiding wires is much easier with a panel that sets on the bottom rail and closes as you click the top into the locks.
Under the chassis there is solid rubber feet that supports the chassis and the front feet connects the front bezel to the case, keep that in mind. In the steel you get a PSU ventilation area, a spot for an extra fan location for a 120mm or 140mm, covered with a dust filter. In the front there are four thumbscrews that hold the HDD rack in place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Radeon Vega logo teased during AMD Ryzen press event
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available