Helping to keep the pricing low and leaving more of it to go into the design, Corsair ships this Obsidian chassis in a plain brown box with black printing on it. Here we get a drawing of the 550D and next to it six languages containing a description of what went into the design and why you should buy this case over others.
On this side we have the name of the company and the chassis filling the top and renderings of the front and inside of the chassis at the bottom. In the middle are three specs charts.
On the back of the box you get an exploded view of the chassis with the letters A through K denoting things of interest. At the bottom there is text in six languages to give a brief description of each of the noted features.
On this side of the box we see it repeats the other side, but this time the charts are in three other languages.
Corsair used the "typical" inner packaging with the use of a plastic liner and Styrofoam end caps, but they didn't stop there. To help protect the aluminum front and the side ventilation panel, there are two pieces of thick cardboard inserted. You will see soon enough that it resulted in a perfect sample being delivered to me.
Taking it even one step further Corsair has a coating of plastic applied to the front and tapes the side panel and drive bay covers to ensure they stay in place. The arrows on the face plate are to denote the swing of the door and notice it has arrows going in both directions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox owners can pre-download Xbox One X 4K textures
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience