It is no doubts that ATI based cards have proven to be the best 3D based cards on the market. Less than 6 months ago, supporting ATI products meant falling to the back of the pack. Today ATI has taken over the 3D market, and gained a following, Gigabyte have taken to the ATI cause, Sapphire has emerged coming with new cards and even one of ATI's biggest supporters Leadtek have swapped out to ATI.
Tyan have started the push from the Server/Workstation name it has gained for itself towards a more overclocker friendly image. With 3D card production being sucked up by other motherboard manufacturers, Tyan has chosen a great 3D chip to start their move.
Design wise the card is very similar to 9500 Pro cards on the market, which have proven themselves to be stable and reliable, which the Tyan also achieved. Cooling on the card is better than other 9500 Pro cards due to the memory sinks, which only a couple others have placed on their cards.
Overclocking of the Tachyon was also very impressive. We managed to hit the core to 350MHz and memory was able to hit 620MHz which is the same as the 9700 Pro level which has proven the heatsinks have helped.
Overall the card was amongst the highest quality ATI card we have seen making it a definite choice for the users on the mid budget.
Great Cooling onboard
TV Out standard
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Synthetic]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league