It is no doubts that ATI based cards have proven to be the best 3D based cards on the market. Less than 6 months ago, supporting ATI products meant falling to the back of the pack. Today ATI has taken over the 3D market, and gained a following, Gigabyte have taken to the ATI cause, Sapphire has emerged coming with new cards and even one of ATI's biggest supporters Leadtek have swapped out to ATI.
Tyan have started the push from the Server/Workstation name it has gained for itself towards a more overclocker friendly image. With 3D card production being sucked up by other motherboard manufacturers, Tyan has chosen a great 3D chip to start their move.
Design wise the card is very similar to 9500 Pro cards on the market, which have proven themselves to be stable and reliable, which the Tyan also achieved. Cooling on the card is better than other 9500 Pro cards due to the memory sinks, which only a couple others have placed on their cards.
Overclocking of the Tachyon was also very impressive. We managed to hit the core to 350MHz and memory was able to hit 620MHz which is the same as the 9700 Pro level which has proven the heatsinks have helped.
Overall the card was amongst the highest quality ATI card we have seen making it a definite choice for the users on the mid budget.
Great Cooling onboard
TV Out standard
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Synthetic]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20